Hi there, new to this forum and I’ve got a recurring annoyance with my old Case1835b. I have intermittently had issues with water in the fuel which I would up solving with cleaning out the tank and a new fuel tank cap earlier in the summer. When I cleaned the tank I also replaced all the fuel filters, so those are fresh. Since that time, the return line off the IP keeps getting plugged and the thing won’t run. This machine has a check valve right at the pump and the blockage is always right there at the valve. It’s a simple job to take the thing off, clean it, and put it back on, but I’m scratching my head as to where the debris could be coming from. The debris itself is mostly black, nonmetallic, and feels sort of rubbery in my hand. There’s also no consistency with how frequently this plugs up. Sometimes it’s 1-2 hours of use, other times it’s 20 min. I do have new return lines ordered but as they’re downstream of the problem, I don’t think that’s a fix. There’s no fuel leaks I’m aware of. What do I need to check next?
That’s easy.. u have a RoosaMaster/Stanadyne pump and the plastic flex ring is breaking up and clogging the return connector.. The only fix is to remove the pump and get it repaired.. U can get a new plastic flex ring installed OR update the pump using a solid weight retainer and you’ll never have this problem again..