Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1840 cummins

littlejohn ยท 2009-12-19 12:05

New here. i have a 1840 that burn't in a barn fire. the cummins motor is out and will run.what other case will this fit.sometime you find a case with a bad case motor in it.will a cummins fit or just too much too change.thanks.

Replies3
  1. #1Willis Bushogin2009-12-19 12:12

    1840 I have a 1840, but I dont need a engine. What do you want for it?

  2. #2littlejohn2009-12-19 12:36

    1840 I would like to keep it and find another with a bad motor.I have seen some with a case motor in them blown up. i would like find one to put mine into.don't know if they will interchsnge.

  3. #3Willis Bushogin2009-12-19 12:50

    1840 Call Construction Equipment and Parts in Goldston, NC. I think they had a salvage 1840. This engine would probrably not be cost effective to put in any other skidsteer, they all have their little preaks. Even if its the same Cummins engine, sometimes their are different styles (starter on the wrong side, injection pump on the wrong side, exhaust, oil pan. on and on and on Even the same 1840, is a PITB to change