I have a seal leaking on my front left wheel. I have a manual to tell me how to replace the seal. on ebay there are some kits listed. anyone ever used any if these. mine is an early 1845. figured if I had to pull the wheel to replace the seal I might as well replace the bearings. any comments welcome. thanks norm
Look into Loader Parts Source. Great quality on the few items I've bought and great customer service.
If someone is fairly good with mechanical work replacing the wheel bearings and seals on an 1845 is not a bad job. Just pau close attention to how it is assembled when taking it apart and you should be most of the way there. I know Case does sell a bearing and seal kit for the hubs. Forget if the oring that you need to mount the hub to the frame is included. Seems like there is an instruction sheet in the kit that gives the torque for the nut that holds the gear on the inside of the axle, this also sets the bearing preload!
There's a fairly detailed youtube video some guy made replacing the wheel bearings and seals for an 1845C. He's a little rougher hammering them out and in than I would be, but it's worth watching so you know what to expect. Just do a search.
I have a service manual for it. It says the nut is supposed to be torgued at 75lbs. Removed the housing today. When I took the cotter key out the nut hardly had any torgue on it. It all came apart fairly easy. The inside seal was completely shot. The bearings all looked good. From what I have read in the service manual its suppose to be full of grease. There was a small drip when I first got it. I greased it and it stopped the leak. maybe I greased to much and blew out the seal. don't really know. ordered a kit today. thanks norm
New to these machines.....Thank you for the information!