Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1845 case skidloader Temp Guage

CASE1234 ยท 2016-09-07 14:19

I have a new temp guage installed on my 1845 skidloader. when I turn the key on it moves up to the bottom line. when I hook the ground wire up like it says it pegs out. I am wondering if the guage mounted in the panel maybe its already grounded or am I not seeing something. The guage has 3 terminals. one for sender wire, one for hot wire and one for ground wire. little help appreciated. thanks norm

Replies4
  1. #1Jeepwalker2016-09-07 14:37

    Did you check the sending unit to see if it's good? There should be a table somewhere you can find in the manual, or on the internet that lists the ohms reading you should get based on the ambient temperature (check when the engine is cold). Possible it (or the wire) could be open or shorted.

  2. #2mountainlake2016-09-08 07:04

    Unhook the sender wire and then hook the ground wire up. If it doesn't peg out your sender is shot or a short in the wire going to it. Steve

  3. #3CASE12342016-09-08 07:21

    I will check the sender. it has all new wiring. thanks Norm

  4. #4CASE12342016-09-08 21:32

    Got the temp gage working. Don't need the ground wire. Apparently the gage itself when installed in the housing is grounding its self. I guess if it had a rubber seal on it then you would use the ground wire. It has a new sender, new wiring with the new gage and seems to be working okay. Thanks Norm