Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1845c aux hyd

phil314 ยท 2015-02-20 12:17

I've got a 90 1845c with aux hydraulics controlled by foot pedals. I currently use them to angle a plow blade which works great. But I'm wondering if there is a way to lock the hydraulic on if I want to use other attachments. Or do I just have to keep my foot on the pedal, which would be a pain. Also, does anyone happen to know if the aux hyd valve is open or closed center?

Replies15
  1. #1stovein2015-02-21 09:56

    When you step on the pedal quick and hard does it go into a detent position like bobcat did for float on the boom?

  2. #2phil3142015-02-21 11:15

    That's the first thing I tried since the boom floats like that using the left hand control. But the aux pedal always return to center, so I don't think there's any detent.

  3. #3orangepeanut2015-02-21 11:28

    the aux pedal on my 99 1845c would alway lock into place when pushed all the way down on the left side. it would only return to center if it was pushed down on the right side.

  4. #4alrman2015-02-21 17:42

    There should be a hole in the under side of the pedal which allows a pin to be manually fitted to hold it in place.

  5. #5phil3142015-02-22 17:31

    Tried pushing down hard on both pedals. No detent that I can find or it's broken. There is a hole on the underside of the pedal and the bracket too. But they almost line up when the pedals are in the neutral position, so at the moment, putting a pin in there would result in very little flow. The pedals probably need adjusted. Manually putting a pin in under the pedals isn't what I'd call easy or convenient. I might have to fab up something better/easier like a spring loaded pin.

  6. #6sheepfoot2015-02-22 17:59

    It was mostly used for the backhoe attachment since your not in the drivers seat.

  7. #7KSSS2015-02-22 18:40

    There was a lever lock as I recall. You push the actuator either left or right and on top of the actuator was a lever lock. I could do both with my feet. That was on a 1994 and newer 1800 series. I am not sure at what point that was available on the machines, but my first 1800 series had that and that was a 1994 1840.

  8. #8phil3142015-02-26 13:20

    Does anyone happen to know if the aux hyd valve is open or closed center?

  9. #9sheepfoot2015-02-26 18:47

    It should be open center, the main loader control valve has a power beyond installed to make it work so it has to flow.

  10. #10Ducky2015-06-14 23:04

    I'm new to the forum but I need help I have an older 1845c that I bought about a year ago. It did not have auxiliary hydraulics on it. I bought a kit from a salvage yard in it came with hoses metal lines and the foot valve. After I got it all plumbed up and valve mounted I ran a long hose from the end of the line to the hydro tank and flowed both lines to get the air out. But when I hooked it up to a grapple bucket it will not work the bucket claws at all. I can hear and feel the machine try to flow fluid when I push the pedal in both directions but nothing happens. So want to know if maybe I have it plumbed wrong or am I missing a part

  11. #11lantraxco2015-06-15 00:40

    Should be a sleeve you have to change in the existing valve to convert it to power beyond I think.

  12. #12Ducky2015-06-15 11:50

    I appreciate the info. Where does it go? Is it plumbed into the main valve body?

  13. #13lantraxco2015-06-15 14:57

    They used several different main control valves so you'll have to look it up by serial number of your machine if you didn't get one with the kit. The sleeve threads into the original control valve, I believe you have to remove a plug from the side and install the sleeve, then the pressure line to the Aux valve connects to it. The return line tees into the return line from the main valve also. The sleeve extends into the valve far enough so the seals on the end seal off the pressure passage from the return passage so pressurized oil flows to the Aux valve. #7 is what you're after, in the blowup it's shown as #8 and seals. This is for the early serial number range. http://partstore.casece.com/us/ASCOEQ-Branch15/parts-search.html#epc::mr57482ar414487

  14. #14Ducky2015-06-15 16:28

    Thanks again for the info I called the dealer and ordered the flow beyond fitting for it. They said it was the only part of the system I didn't name off that I had so thanks again for the info

  15. #15lantraxco2015-06-15 16:34

    Hope it works out for you