Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1845c ignition connector

ReidM ยท 2023-08-01 19:31

I have a Case 1845C that the connector for the ignition switch is broken. The fuel solenoid wire connector is broken and I can't seem to find a replacement for it. I don't really want to spend $790 for a new harness and can't find a less expensive replacement. Anyone have an idea how to fix this?

Replies7
  1. #1Jonas3022023-08-01 21:56

    Crimp a quick connect terminal on the wire remove enough damaged plastic to slide it on secure it with silicone or hot glue and your back in business

  2. #2heymccall2023-08-01 23:46

    IH IHC 80 & 800 NEW Ignition Switch Connector Kit Manufactured to OEM Spec's | eBay Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for IH IHC 80 & 800 NEW Ignition Switch Connector Kit Manufactured to OEM Spec's at the best online prices at eBay! Free shipping for many products! www.ebay.com

  3. #3heymccall2023-08-02 01:22

    Delphi 56 series

  4. #4ReidM2023-08-02 10:16

    Thank you all for the replies!! For some reason I wasn't thinking very well yesterday... I could splice the fuel solenoid wire into the other ign wire. 12 V indicator lamp? But I was thinking of going with a new universal switch as my current one seems a little flaky as well as the connector. Any reason not to do this? Thank you!

  5. #5heymccall2023-08-02 11:05

    9 times outta ten...as I've had or have 4 of these things.... intermittent crank or run issues are due to the bullet connector plugs that allow the cab harness to be unplugged when wanting to slide the cab forward. I ended up cutting them off and replacing them with Deutsch connectors.

  6. #6Nige2023-08-02 11:10

    Deutsch DT connectors are the class of the field when it comes to electrics. Not perfect but as close as you get to it for use on machines.

  7. #7ReidM2023-08-02 11:30

    I'm sure that happens in but this case the fuel solenoid wire broke out of the ignition switch connector. But I may need to change those connectors also! Thanks for the info!