Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1845c pins and bushings

phil314 ยท 2018-12-09 11:02

I finally got around to working on my 1845c pins and bushings this weekend. Things went pretty well with only one minor problem so far. The lower pins were really rusted in place. They are probably original. I ended up having to cut them in order to get the front end off the machine. I setup my gopro to video a lot of it. Just thought I'd post a few pics from the surgery.

Replies3
  1. #1phil3142018-12-09 11:04

    All the new bushings installed great. Just need to remove the rusted lower pins from the front end and then put everything back together. I thought I had a lot of wear in the front end. I was getting a lot of extra movement, but the old bushings really don't look that bad. I've see a lot worse. But this needed to be done anyway.

  2. #2phil3142018-12-15 20:13

    Finished up the pins and bushings on my 1845c today. Was a huge pain getting the lower pins out of the front end. Lots of heat and working them back and forth. But once that was done, it went back together very easy.

  3. #3phil3142018-12-15 20:19

    Old pins and bushing had about .060 wear on both. Everything is good and tight now.