Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1950s Adams motor grader Anti-coast brake band

gsholt07 ยท 2023-10-23 00:52

I just bought a 610 Adams about a month ago, and just a couple days ago, I broke one of the anti-coast brake bands for the right side of the blade. My question is where the heck would I find one? I got this thing to plow my 2 mile driveway this winter so I could get to work. I don't really need a lawn ornament. All the bands I have found don't have the "hip" that the stop plate settles in.

Replies1
  1. #1Welder Dave2023-10-26 01:00

    Maybe it could be welded or a new piece welded on. If not it looks like just a flat bar ring with brake material added. A steel fabrication shop with a roller could make the ring and a brake shop could either glue or rivet the brake material on. Not sure if an industrial brake shop could make the ring or not.