So I have a 1951 d7c dozer with blade. Could be off on the year it's been awhile. I'm trying to rebuild the cylinders on the blade and found the number 17c11935 stamped into the metal where the serial plate used to be but can find nothing else. Tried contacting dealers but they don't seem to be much help. Any help figuring out what the model of the blade or better yet a parts breakdown would be much appreciated. Also has a ripper on the back that needs the cylinders done as well but can't find anything on that so was just trying to start with the blade. Thanks
17C11935 appears to be a genuine S/N for a 7A (angle) blade. There is no information in the online systems, it's too old. A parts manual is what you really need. ACMOC might possibly have one in their library. Other than that it is still available in electronic form from Cat but not cheap. It should contain all the information regarding the cylinders.
I have parts info for 17C1 to 17C5000 (see attached) Yours is a little later but I don't think they changed much. What ripper do you have? Look of a s/n, most likely a 12G1- up model.
These are both excellent thank you very much. Amazing that you guys had no issues but a dealer couldn't tell me anything. Old Magnet do you know where the sn would be on the ripper. I've searched everywhere on that thing and can't find a single number
s/n should be either on the RH end of the ripper bar or up high on the beam assembly arm/s. Does it look like this...
Assuming you don't mind having this down for a while, take the gland, and piston into a hydraulics shop and match up the seals. I doubt you'd find a kit for any of those cylinders anyway. Or measure and order.