Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1956 Hough HA Payloader restore project

Blacksmith barn ยท 2019-07-03 23:06

I recently purchase this running 1956 Hough HA Payloader and am in the process of some restoration work. From what I've learned it's the 3rd Generation with 4 lift cylinders. It's got the Waukesha 4 cylinder engine with the Zenith Carb. I've replaced the master cylinder and wheel cylinders on it and my brake shoes were in excellent shape so no need to replace. I pulled the intake/exhaust manifold off to replace a broken stud. The carb. has been cleaned but don't think it's going to need a rebuild kit. I have yet to find the serial number. I've been told it's on the flywheel casing. I'll be posting some pictures later of the brakes.

Replies3
  1. #1largeonee2020-09-07 22:30

    what or where did you get the brake parts

  2. #2kshansen2020-09-08 09:40

    Not Blacksmith barn here but if you can find a parts house like NAPA with some old grayhaired grouchy guy behind the counter there's a chance he can match many of the hydraulic bit up by size! Not trying to put down young kids but too many only know how to find things if you give them numbers they can punch into the computer. And those 1956 Hough parts are not in there! Should correct that comment where I said "guy" our NAPA store has or at least used to have a Lady that could find thing that I don't even think the NAPA main office knew they sold! Carol is or last I knew was the best!

  3. #3largeonee2020-09-08 09:56

    my two are sn 2BA32069 type g i was told it was a 1965 sn 27325 i think it is a 1952 i need to make the arm sheilds for the early one as both of them are gone so if someone has dimentions i would appriciate knowing. also it looks like there was some kind of center cap on the front wheels of the early one but i have not found a picture of them thanks jeff in upper michigan