Hello all, new to the site. Looking for info on how to burnish brakes. Have replaced the actuator drum, new brake lining, replaced all springs and pins, still have no brakes. Any suggestions would be helpful.
Not familiar with your backhoe. Are the brakes hydraulic? You shouldn't have to do anything to the new shoes. If hydraulic you may have to bleed them.
Thanks for the reply. Brakes are disc, not hydrolic. Was told to burnish them, but I have never done that before.
Burnishing them is getting them seated but I think you should have brakes regardless. With a vehicle it's done by braking for short periods slowing down your vehicle with 30 sec. in between to allow for cooling. As for your backhoe I really don't know or have any suggestions hopefully some body else will help you.
Do you have the right size balls in them? New linings on the drum and disk?