I am having some electrical problems with our old 6 wheel drive 1962 Austin Western Grader. I think she has a 4-71 allison. Any one have a wire diagram?
DwanHall and I both have 1962 A-W Super 366 graders running. What you probably have is a 4-71 Detroit engine, an Allison torque convertor, with a dry clutch and manual transmission. I probably have a wiring diagram, since I have manuals for this machine, but most of the electrical system on this machine is out in the open where you can look right at it. What problems do you have, or what info do you need?
Thanks for the reply. We found the problem, a alternator wire shorted to ground. Looks like it took out the old voltage regulator, fried a ground wire at the starter. We are planing to replace the old alternator with a new GM product with the built in voltage regulator... You were right I didn't need the wire diagram.