I bought this machine back in June for a project and to use around the property. Diesel engine, Drott 4in1 and 3 shank ripper. Ive got it stripped down to just the tracks and engine has had its machine work already. right now im cleaning the frame up for paint. Day i brought it home Ready to take it apart Crawler removed from loader Loader
Crawler in the garage Engine removed Frame rails removed Rolled it back outside to get the rest of the dirt and grease off yesterday. Have some Flambeau red to paint it up. Eventually its going to need some track work but it'll do for now You can see the frame is worn here from loose bolts on the clutch bellhousing. Im going to build it back up with weld. loose bolts on these machines seems pretty common and wears the holes on everything Rotted battery boxes on either side of the seat. i picked up some 10ga plate to patch them up yesterday Thats where im at so far. Engine i have partially assembled. I just got a new oil pump for it a few days ago so i can button up the bottom end on it. just pecking away a little at a time.
Looks like a cool project. Do you still have your 6018?
Yes still have the 6018. I have a few threads on the other forums on resealing the hydraulic pump and rebushing the swing tower. The machine is a little small for my property now though. An upgrade may be in the future
Got a little bit of paint on it. Frame is bolted back in with new bolts. I used nylock nuts on everything and torqued them to what that size fastener is rated for. Seems like just about every bolt on the machine had backed out sligntly at some point. I also was able to get one battery box patched. hope to work on the other side later in the week.
How is this project going? I have a diesel 310g. Mine needs some work also. Keep up the nice job.
No progress lately. Work has been very busy and other projects became more of a priority. hope to get back at it after the holidays.
I've been making some progress over the past month. There is this little pinhole on the top side of the oil pickup and it was full of oil. Should this be sealed up? I'm guessing it should only be suckling oil through the screen. I was worried about it possible suckling air through there and destroying my fresh rebuild. View attachment 141805 View attachment 141806
Sent the head and injectors out to get rebuilt. Should have them back next week sometime. Last weekend I got some more painting done.
Sure going to be nice
New shaft bearing and throwout bearing.
heres an update Engine is in
Added a 310F with 6 way blade to the fleet. went to look at the Reo dump truck and got this too And a 1973 Diamond Reo single axle with 63000 miles. straight 6 gas engine, 5speed with 2 speed rear. runs really well
Hey H, Enjoy seeing your posts, I might be suffering from the same affliction ,LOL That being aquireing another project before finished with my current project, Like the Diamond Dump ! I Love it, Thanks for sharing, Mike M.
Awesome! Your doing a Great job on the 310 The 310 F appears to be decent shape. Both were good little machines! Tom
Boy does that photo of the Diamond REO bring back memories. When I started at my job we had a fleet of REO's with quad boxes no 2 speed rears. Same color.
what engines did they have?
Great work! What kind of paint are you using? Looks like the oil based Rustoleum primer I used on my 580CK.
I want to say Gold comet inline 6. We still have the tool to adjust the power steering pulley.
I would love to have that little case Dozer I have 2 310 loaders would like to have a blade [email protected]
Old PA Hwy truck by the looks and hooks! I cut my teeth and hurt my pride a LOT learning to drive the 1957 Diamond T wrecker at my first commercial employer in 1976. Black Diamond gas six on a four by four single axle gin boom wrecker with a fifth wheel still on it. Beat me to death the first two weeks with the mechanical winch, Orscheln lever drum driveshaft park brake and almost no cab noise controls. Love the old Diamonds in the rough.
it was a township truck. Used it all year with no issues other than blowing a power steering hose
666666666 where is this now?