Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1967 580CK Power Steering pump seal replacement

Tim Semenuk ยท 2023-12-14 08:20

What's involved in replacing the power steering pump seal? My pump is losing fluid, and I don't see it on the ground or on the cylinders so I'm thinking it's leaking into the engine.

Replies3
  1. #1TSemenuk2024-07-26 07:11

    I'm surprised my post didn't generate any responses. Was it overlooked?

  2. #2Tinkerer2024-07-26 08:30

    I didn't see your original post. I wouldn't bother spending my time replacing the seal. I would replace the pump with a new one. Power Steering Pump for Case Backhoe 430CK, 480B, 480CK, 580B, 580CK New power steering pump for Case 430CK, 480B, 480CK, 580B, 580CK backhoe loaders. Replaces A137187 and A36559. Ships fast from a U.S.-based team. www.brokentractor.com Two different user names ? I didn't know it was allowed.

  3. #3TSemenuk2024-07-26 11:18

    Thanks for the advice. I see the two user profiles. Not sure how that happened.