Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1967 C180 cummins need a set of fuel rails

petepilot · 2024-02-07 20:34

C180 fuel rail search

Replies22
  1. #1willie592024-02-07 20:48

    Oh man, I can't imagine those engine parts are still available from Cummins, I don't have a clue where you'd source that, might have to get creative and make them. But I do hope you get it sorted out, the very first big truck I learned to drive was a 1962 White 4000 with a C180 naturally aspirated with Fuller 5 x 4 Quadraplex. That little 180 with no turbo and exhaust going through a straight through muffler, damn that thing would sing when you peg it on the governor grading a hill, had an amazing tone.

  2. #2Truck Shop2024-02-07 21:36

    You know I just possibly just maybe know where there is a complete blown 180 setting, Ill take a look in the morning to see if fuel rails are still there. * I'm not worth following.

  3. #3Truck Shop2024-02-08 15:10

    No such luck PP, engine was setting upright but had since tipped over on left side, damaging the fuel rails.

  4. #4petepilot2024-02-11 12:57
  5. #5petepilot2024-02-11 13:13

    Me and this damned electronic whiz are not seeing eye to eye. Any way this eng is in a 67 fwd snow fighter all. Intact except the fuel system the pump is missing as well as the rusted out lines i have a pump that could be set up for a 180 . the fwd belongs to a friend we both want to hear it run so any part of the fuel lines we can find would help

  6. #6cfherrman2024-02-11 15:41

    Looks like they could be built with stainless tees and the like if it's just a type of PT pump

  7. #7petepilot2024-02-11 16:10

    yes they can be built but it takes a lot of fittings. getting the connector ends correct so they dont leak is the hard part

  8. #8crane operator2024-02-11 17:16

    This what it needs to look like? We've got a old engine core place somewhat local, I can check next time I'm there. What kind of $$ are you hoping to stay under?

  9. #9petepilot2024-02-11 21:25

    are we looking at whole eng or just parts? looks right from here i will have to talk with owner, he may have a use for the whole thing

  10. #10petepilot2024-02-11 21:45

    Oh man, I can't imagine those engine parts are still available from Cummins, I don't have a clue where you'd source that, might have to get creative and make them. But I do hope you get it sorted it, the very first big truck I learned to drive was a 1962 White 4000 with a C180 naturally aspirated with Fuller 5 x 4 Quadraplex. That little 180 with no turbo and exhaust going through a straight through muffler, damn that thing would sing when you peg it on the governor grading a hill, had an amazing tone. I have serious doubts whether or not average counter parts salesman at cummins would even know what we were talking about

  11. #11Truck Shop2024-02-11 21:51

    There is no parts, cummins is stopping support for anything past 1995.

  12. #12OzDozer2024-02-12 00:55

    Gippsland Truck Wrecking in Morwell, Victoria, Australia, have a set available for AU$660, which is around US$430. You could always ask them if they would post them to the U.S., and what the postage cost would be. If they won't post to the U.S., maybe another HEF member in Eastern Victoria could assist in getting them to you. Australian Bulk Handling Review The authority in bulk & powder handling www.bulkhandlingreview.com.au Gippsland Truck Wreckers & Heyfield Truck Repairs | Traralgon VIC Gippsland Truck Wreckers & Heyfield Truck Repairs, Traralgon. 1,048 likes. New and used parts available online or instore, new ECM's and reprogramming, laptop updates, experienced & knowledgeable... www.facebook.com We don't throw out or scrap a lot of this old stuff, a lot of it's still running here. I've got at least 2 friends with C160 Cummins in their 60's International trucks, still purring along.

  13. #13crane operator2024-02-12 08:36

    It’s just a picture of a whole engine that I found, I wanted to be sure I was looking for the right parts. I’ll see if my core guy has any parts next time I’m over his way.

  14. #14Truck Shop2024-02-12 09:08

    1995-30 years has past, These companies want to sell new not support crap they built ages ago. If you were to buy every part for a Big Cam Cummins From Cummins new at this point, one complete engine would cost in the neighborhood of $75,000.

  15. #15petepilot2024-02-12 17:31
  16. #16petepilot2024-02-12 17:54

    a new ready to drop in 450-500 would likely run close to that amount

  17. #17petepilot2024-02-12 18:02

    we may be looking down your way . price is kinda spooky but we`ll see

  18. #181693TA2024-02-12 18:03

    Scheid Diesel in Effingham, IL used to make up new lines for mechanical engines. A quick search shows they seemingly still do: https://www.scheiddiesel.com/Fuel-Lines/

  19. #19petepilot2024-02-12 20:13

    thanks ta will check them out if we dont find anthing else. there used to be an outfit that made up stainless lines to fit cummins oil cooler nozzlles when an eng that did not come with oil cooled pistons was drilled and noz. installed.can`t seem to find notes that i once had

  20. #201693TA2024-02-12 20:30

    I had them make up some lines to interconnect my diesel timing light and they work well after the air is purged and #1 is firing.

  21. #21crane operator2024-04-12 17:08

    I finally made it by the engine core place yesterday. Unfortunately, he does not have anything that would replace your old cummins lines. He could only recommend taking the old lines to a injection pump shop and having them copy them.

  22. #22mekanik2024-04-13 18:09

    I have worked on Cummins engines that had the flanged injectors but I don't recall how the lines connected to the injectors, compression fittings? Could you make lines up from 1/4" and 3/16" brake line and fittings?