i have 1968 case back hoe and want to switch which stick controls the boom with the stick does anyone know can I just change the hoses at the valve body
I'm not clear why you want that change, but you can swap the hoses. The valves are specific to the purpose.
Just changes the hoses. I think the valves are the same size. Good old machines.
Any reason why you want to change these around? I've had my 580CK for over 30yrs and can't see any benefit. If you decide to go ahead and change, look for a convenient spot to do the hose swap, somewhere close to the control valve. If I recall, on the Model 33 backhoe, the dipper hoses go to the manifold in the swing tower and the boom hoses go out the top of the backhoe frame and directly to the boom cylinder. I check the sizes on the Case Industrial parts web site or a parts book if you have one. There may be differences in the hose size and fittings.
I would suggest NOT to swap the hoses. The valves look the same, however they will be set at different pressures. Swaping the hoses could cause you to bend boom cylinders as they are set at lower pressures. Due to the short control linkages, the only way I would recommend to swap the boom & dipper controls, is to remove the entire valve body & swap the two sections , replacing the segment seals/orings in the process. ..... because of this, most folks learn to operate with the standard control pattern.....
To add to ALRman's advice, I hadn't thought about the pressure setting. Even the hose swap will take some adapters. I would not consider taking the control valve apart unless it already needs and overhaul and you are willing to do it properly. I did mine some years ago and I wouldn't do it again unless absolutely necessary. Its frustrating and fussy work with the parts being Case only. My hydraulics guy wouldn't touch it, as he felt the labour would exceed the value. Still wonder why you want to swap the controls? I have seen posts about changing to the wobble sticks but I have run both and it only takes a few minutes to settle in on whichever type is in the hand.