New to the forum. I’m needing some help/advice. I am getting hydraulic fluid in my crank case. I have the front mounted hydraulic pump so i have ruled out that possible issue. I am thinking possible blown shuttle front seal and blown rear main seal. I am not having any luck finding this issue in the service manual with hydraulic oil in oil pan/crank case and I’m not sure if there could be an over pressure in the hydraulic system or if i would even need to check. Just starting to work on the hoe. I have ordered the front and rear seal just in case and i can cancel order if need be. Looking to see if anyone else might have had this issue before. Any help would be much appreciated.
Are you sure it is hydraulic oil and not diesel fuel that is raising the oil level in the engine ?
I am having to add hydraulic fluid to the shuttle.
It would seem unlikely because the torque convertor is not connected to the engine in any way it could pass oil into it. Only the pilot bearing is in contact with the flywheel. A sheet metal flex plate is between it and the flywheel. If the convertor was leaking, the oil would be running out of the sheet metal pan that is on the bottom /front of the flywheel housing. I kinda remember there may be a pipe plug on the bottom of the fly wheel housing. It could even be missing.
I am getting into it today. There is an inspection hole at the bottom of the bell housing. More information to come when I get the trans dropped.
Remove the sheet metal plate first and see where the oil leaking from.
looking like at some point someone or some thing has blocked the inspection hole in the bottom of the bell housing. Had about 2 1/2 quarts + of hydro fluid drain out of the bell housing. Leading me to the front seal with the shuttle is blown so far.
That explains how the hydraulic oil was forced into the motor. Be sure to punch mark the fly-wheel and crankshaft flange so that you can rejoin them in the same position they were in before being separated. Don't be surprised if the flex plate is cracked.
The flywheel will only fit one way, the pattern for the bolts is off if the flywheel is not properly located, it is a good idea to mark the flywheel with some reference point, so you do not have to move the flywheel 6 times to get the bolt pattern to match.
Update, I have finally got the shuttle back in. Installed new lines to the shuttle, replaced the shuttle seal, did not have to replace the rear main seal. Oil in the pan issue is fixed. Now I have reverse but no forward when the shuttle is engage. I have checked the linkage and everything is correct and tight no slop. before removing the shuttle I did have forward and reverse with no issues. Reverse is strong, I would not think I would have lost the forward clutch when it was working fine with no issues before shuttle removal. Any thoughts would be appreciate.