Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1968 ford 5500

saul ยท 2012-10-10 15:32

Hello there, new to the forum. I was wondering if anyone could help me with my 5500 backhoe. I don't know much about backhoes but here it is. The backhoe starts working strong and kind of perfect for its age but after a hour pushing dirt and clearing land it looses power and will only go forward in first gear with no real power to push anything just move itself. Anyone has any ideas what I should look for.

Replies1
  1. #1carogator2012-10-22 16:09

    look at your charge pump for weak pressure Look to your charge pump as it may have weak pressure. or check all your filters and strainers. You could also be low in trans fluid.. You may be losing pressure in the torque converter. If I remember correct, there is a filter on the back of the pump