Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1969 KW Suspension Question

Auctioneerhere ยท 2011-11-05 00:11

Looking for some place to buy parts for this OLD PIG of a truck. The bushings are shot on the bars that go from housing to housing. I am not sure of what suspension it has, the springs are about 1 inch thick. I can post a picture tomorrow. We have hauled over 900 loads with it this summer & it just keeps going, but it would be nice to fix that part of it.

Replies4
  1. #1grandpa2011-11-05 06:29

    Give the boys at Wallworks in Fargo a call 1 800 937 3003 and have your vin number handy to give them.... they are the largest KW dealer across the northern tier and will get those parts right out to you...... good luck Grandpa....

  2. #2Markat4252011-11-09 15:28

    Sounds like your describing torsion bar suspension... There ain't any parts available from KW anymore... Maybe somebody could make bushings for it?

  3. #3Willis Bushogin2011-11-09 21:24

    try to get a number off of a part on the suspension, theres got to be a forge/casting number. measure the length and the size of the ends there are still after market bushings out there try to get any info off of any part and send me a PM and I will send you a phone number to contact. If anyone can find the part it will be these people, they probrably have it in stock another thought is to take the bars out, one at a time and take them to a heavy duty repair shop and see if they can locate the bushings and press them in for you. This is not rocket science, anyone that is in this business should be able to help you Then I was wrong, one time before

  4. #4Auctioneerhere2011-11-14 22:43

    Thanks to all, The part that I need resembles a dog bone with each end being the bushing. I will get it off when things slow down. Thanks again!