1970 580CK SN 83620XX Mechanical shuttle type. I had downloaded a service manual with no luck solving the forward reverse issue. Bought tractor not moving. Changed hydraulic oil. Started to rock tractor with F-N-R lever and after a little bit she took off (Moving from neutral to forward shifter in 1st gear in low range). Stopped and had to repeat the process. Manual covers mostly power shuttle transmission CKs. Is there a pick up tube for the trans with the mechanical shuttle that might be pugged, if so where is it. In the picture I am trying also to identify what looks to be a filter housing same as on the power shuttle transmission located by the radiator.
My 74 mechanical shuttle has no filter housing for the trans located infront of radiator so Yours prob doesn’t either , Is Your clutch slipping or need adjusting there’s an access plate on side of housing . also there’s a jam nut and linkage at trans to adjust pedal free play mine had none and was slipping , adjusted so I have about a inch of pedal freeplay and all is good now .