Hi all. Looking for some help with my Hyster P80 forkliift. This machine has a main hydraulic system for mast and for the ram that pushes the steer tires. There is a valve down under the hood that has oil coming out of the hose fittings when machine is running.I do not have enough knowledge of this hydraulic system to determine why I have no power steering now. The machine sat over the winter and now I have no power steering for some reason. Reservoir is full and no serious leaks visible. What happens is when I turn the wheel I can hear the pump working and the machine labours a bit. But I have no power steering. If I turn the wheel a bit till the pump loads up it restricts oil enough that the mast does not go up and down either. If I release the steering wheel load then the mast works fine. I have opened all the fittings on the hydraulic ram that turns the steer tires and there is oil there. Not sure why the oil will not push the ram to assist the steering. There does not seem to be pressure coming out of the fittings when I turn the wheel but I do not know what it is supposed to look like. If someone has any ideas please let me know. Mike
No replies yet.