I purchased a 1971 580CK backhoe a few months back with very little history known. Since that time I have used it for medium duty around my place without any problems. Last week in the middle of use, clutch pressure dropped from 140 psi to zero psi with no prior operation or sound indication. Immediately lost all forward and reverse motion. Fluid levels were low, but I can't explain the sudden failure. Ordered support manuals today to try and help. If anyone could share some insight, it would be greatly be appreciated!
Hi, this thread may have your answer. HeavyEquipmentForums Seems almost all of these machines have trash in the transmission that plugs up the pick-up tube screen. in this thread they outline how to drill and tap your transmission case to have access to the screen without splitting the tractor. I will be doing it to mine soon. Hope this helps.
ACBarby, thank you for the quick and helpful response. The highlighted discussion has a lot of information and direction for me to take a look at. We'll see if anyone else has anything to add. Thanks again!