So, I am going to move my 1971 580ck and need to pull it to move it. Problem is that the steering wheel just spins. It's not running ..unfortunately..but is there any way to turn the wheels with the steering wheel without the hydraulics so I can drag/move it around a couple turns? Thanks in advance..
A large prybar between the tire and spindle, and elbow grease will turn them. Most times you can get the orbital steering valve to make a little hydraulic pressure by spinning the wheel very fast and several times to turn the wheels. That is assuming you have fluid in the system.
Yeah, that's what i was contemplating. What did I get myself into?...lol oh well..the fun is never ending with this machine..Thanks
If a machine that old could tell stories.....
we used a boom pole and lifted front end off ground a little GL
I have to drag this thing with my 1999 k2500 4x4 around two bends. I don't know if it will work or but have to try while the ground is still hard..
.....I'm that old (- er).... and I have a ton of stories..