Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1972 super 8 carry all clutch

chris thrash ยท 2024-02-12 12:38

Looking to find a 14 inch clutch set for a customers 1972 Pettibone Super 8 carry all, also would like to find a front transmission seal for the 6 speed trans as there is some gear oil on the old clutch disc. I have looked all over and tried various trk repair places near me, no luck, I have tried a international trk dealership in Syracuse Ny with no luck, they need a part # to look it up!!

Replies3
  1. #1Delmer2024-02-12 13:12

    I've never heard of a clutch on one of those, I thought they all came with torque converters. But pettibone didn't make the clutch or the transmission so the old parts will be the best place to look for part numbers. You could also try Pettibone with the serial number for a parts manual. Or, what engine is on it?

  2. #2chris thrash2024-02-12 13:50

    Continental f244 gas eng.

  3. #3Vetech632024-02-12 16:10

    If you can remove your old seal, you should be able to match it up at a seal and gasket company.