Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1974 580B CK shuttle transmission noise

Highfive ยท 2020-05-30 09:35

My case backhoe has a noise that sounds like it is coming from the transmission. It is a shuttle transmission. It still goes forward and reverse in all gears. The noise sounds like gears that are not fully meshed. It is there when moving with clutch(unloader) pushed or not pushed. Any ideas?

Replies6
  1. #1Billrog2020-05-30 11:08

    I'm not sure of your problem but it was not uncommon for those hoe's to lose a tooth or 2 on the crown and pinion.

  2. #2Highfive2020-05-30 12:03

    Ok it sounds like it is coming from the transmission area but I'm not totally sure.

  3. #3Highfive2020-05-30 12:03

    I'm getting some manuals from ebay before I get into it much.

  4. #4jimg9842020-05-30 12:40

    if it has a manual clutch,,, its probably the release bearing for the clutch plate, if that is the problem will have to split tractor to replace,,,a person could wish that greasing the bearing would fix, if it greasable would be a grease fitting on out of housing GOOD LUCK ( you did say clutch)

  5. #5Highfive2020-05-30 14:02

    My clutch pedal operates an unloader valve.

  6. #6Tinkerer2020-05-30 21:43

    Welcome to HEF, Highfive ! You don't need to wait on Ebay for your service manual. Use this link and download it now. http://www.minnpar.com/manuals5.asp...LS&SSSFName=CASE 580CK MODEL B SERVICE MANUAL