Hello! So I've read enough posts on here to understand that for the trans on my 580B, I need to not be the extreme tight *** I naturally tend to be and buy the good CASE Hy-Trans fluid from the dealer ... my question is, for the hoe and loader, the hydro fluid I will be putting in my loader arm reservoirs ... does that also need to be CASE Hy-Trans or can I get away with a more decently priced, possibly Travelers Premium from TSC orrrr Supertech from the Wally World?? I swear I've read about people using something other then CASE and their hydo seals/glands swelling and locking up?!
I used reasonably price oil from where ever I could get it in my 580B with 15,000 hrs on it when I bought it for 5 years with no ill results. Then sold it for what I paid for it with everything still working after another 6,000 hrs.
Just the hydraulic fluid for the loader and hoe should be fine. It's not hi-tech hydraulics like some new machines have.
Thank you both for the insight! Makes flushing the system a little more realistic ... I appreciate the input, cheers!
Is the oil in it contaminated for some reason ? Just curious.
Well the backhoe has a leaky line, and it’s white in color so I’m guessing so ... the gent I bought this off of left it out during the winters and didn’t run it, so I’m sure water has worked it’s way into the system ... I’m gonna run it hard and see if that helps, but if nothing else I wanted to know what kinda fluid to flush and refill
If there is more than just a little water in the hydraulic oil it would be best to flush it now before "running it hard" Hydraulic pumps can be fatally damaged doing that. After stopping the source of the water intrusion, here is a link on flushing the system. It is quite involved. You cannot just drain the reservoir and fill it with clean oil. HeavyEquipmentForums