Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1974 ford 5000 quit running

kavarsee ยท 2020-09-12 14:46

Has CAV injector pump Out mowing yesterday-suddenly quit Has fuel, fuel getting to pump-will run out of bleeder. Anyone know wha is most likely to break? Tractor always started quickly, ran well, no excessive smoke or misfiring; no signs or warning of impending failure Thank You!

Replies3
  1. #1Steve Frazier2020-09-12 16:11

    I don't know this tractor specifically but will try to help. Does it have a fuel solenoid? If so, you would shut the tractor off with the key instead of pulling a knob. If you do have a solenoid this is the first place I'd start looking, see if it is being properly energized with ignition on. Then check that fuel will flow through it while energized. If there is no solenoid none of this applies but it's the simplest place to start. Could be the drive to the injector pump, that's going to be a lot more difficult.

  2. #2kavarsee2020-09-12 17:23

    I Think I found the problem!

  3. #3Steve Frazier2020-09-13 23:31

    'Splain Lucy!!