Need help/information my 450c john deere dozer blade quit lifting I changed the hydraulic pump with a used pump and still will not lift any information would be appreciated dick1961
Check the drive splines on the drive shaft, they may be stripped and not turning the pump.
1974 john deere 450c Thanks repowerguy for the reply back but the splines are in good shape and turning with the motor
When you removed the suction line, did oil run out? This should have a flooded suction so that is a possibility. Did it lose all blade function as well? Tilt and angle too? Gear pumps usually don't fail catastrophically but slowly get weaker and hotter as the clearances get wider. A quick and dirty way to see if it is pumping is connect a hose to it and put the other end in a bucket or the tank and crank it over, oil should stream out readily.
yes all the oil in the tank ran out when I pulled the hose off and it was working fine and just quit instantly dick1961
it also does not have tilt or angle just 1 way blade dick1961
repowerguy, I appreciate your help I figured out what was going on the splines inside the coupling on the front of the motor is worn enough that when you try to lift the blade is starts slipping on the spline shaft. Thanks, dick1961