Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1974 liebherr R925

CalgarySS ยท 2013-07-26 18:39

New to the site and looking for maintenance tips for an old excavator. Pics to follow.

Replies6
  1. #1CalgarySS2013-07-29 16:30
  2. #2CalgarySS2013-07-29 16:34

    So far, so good. I have run it for a couple days and can confirm that it is in working order. A few leaks, but it runs strong and makes trees disappear just fine. I can find almost no information on this model. A google search for R925 comes up with very little. They must not have sold very many of them or there must not be many left.

  3. #3mitch5042013-07-29 17:34

    I've seen pics on the web, but none in real life. I didn't know they were making or importing them in the early '70s

  4. #4mikebramel2013-07-29 18:57

    N-I-C-E. Pretty smooth?

  5. #5CalgarySS2013-07-29 19:06

    Oddly enough, it is not bad at all. The weak link is the nut between the control sticks. I was expecting the pins to be pounded out and it to be sloppy, but it seems fine. I am trying to find someone in my area with some hours on this type of machine to give me some pointers. The search goes on.

  6. #6CalgarySS2013-08-04 22:35

    The previous owner stopped by and gave me all of the original manuals for the excavator. Now I can go through it top to bottom. There were a few unlabelled switches in the cab that I was wondering about.