Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1974 Poclain/Case 240

RobbyT69 ยท 2013-04-21 03:19

Hello there,, Just thought I would ask around and see if anyone might happen to know where I may find a service manual for a 1974 Poclin/Case 240 excavator by chance for free or very little as I have been off work due to illness and am tring to resurect myself and get back to work.. So I purcased a few pieces of equipment,, one being this older excavator.. I have to say it runds and digs very well ,, it has a Deutz engine that seems to run like a top.. But I would like to get a manual so that if anything goes wrong ,, well I can maybe deal with it myself.. Any help would be appreciated.. Thank you in advance... RobbyT

Replies5
  1. #1RobbyT692013-05-02 02:12

    well something went wrong,lol deutz bf6l913 any help would be appreciated thank you in advance,, it was running good then just started running bad for about 2 mins then just said fu*k it and died ,, ether did not work, new fuel filter did not work either,, don't know what to do any help would be awesome thank you again in adfvance

  2. #2RobbyT692013-05-02 02:19

    it is a sc150 sorry lol.. My mistake

  3. #3RobbyT692013-05-02 02:22

    with a deutz BF6L913

  4. #4old timer2013-05-02 09:25

    Sorry to hear about that. I would start by using the primer pump on the side of the injection pump and prime the system(pump will get harder to push)then try loosening the injector lines at the heads,rolling it over and seeing if you have fuel delivery. Those engines can be difficult to bleed. Back in the mid 70's I took a bunch of training courses on the Poclains, I might have some spec books for you. Hope this helps.

  5. #5RobbyT692013-05-20 02:56

    Thank you old timer,, I did get it going again without to much difficulty,, how ever,, any extra books you may have I would be greatly thankful for,, do please let me know.. Thank you RobbyT