Folks , I'm new to forum and have some questions about the 450 Case dozer . The one I'm looking at has had extensive amount of work over year(s). Blade cylinders, new hoses,diesel motor rebuilt, new torque convertor, tracks and sprockets are really good. Dozer is in need of paint job. I like this fact ,since it doesn't have a five gallon rebuild on it !! Was used for septic system back filling work. Blade shows little wear, everything works as it should. Listed for 10k. How does this dozer compare to JD450 ? What's HP of Case 188 cid ? I'm thinking the price is pretty fair, considering condition. This dozer will be a farm dozer for brush, field clearing, pond making with occasional log removal. Here in WV we have clay soil and considerable rocks. My only concern, is it powerful enough to do job. It's replacing a 1960's JD1010 gas crawler! I've really over did the JD to get what I've done already. I don't want to over tax the Case 450. Any opinions ? All are welcome !!
The first 450 had the 188 engine, it was rated at 50hp, then they switched to to the 207 engine at 52hp. They are a good little dozer for the size and wt. Depending on what you plan to do they have there limits. Light clearing and brush removal along with small site work, small ponds would be fine. Time and money along job scope duties should be you thoughts, bigger can be better but you have to make that choice. I have done a lot of work with a 450 case, but I would favor a 850 case or that size machine more. Going from the jd1010 that 450 would work circles around it once you were to get use to it.
Thanks Sheepfoot ! I believe it will be a good purchase.