Hi all; Newbie to this site and the 680 I have, the PO seems to have broken off the stick portion of the cap and I'm anal about fluid levels. Are these still available anywhere ? On another note could someone who might have a 680 give me the measurements on theirs so I could fabricate one ?? Thank you all in advance.......................................Cliff
You might try and find you dipstick in the bottom of your tank with a magnet.
Did that , no luck...............
1977 680CK. Wouldn't that be a 680E ? They do not have dipsticks in the hydraulic tank. They have a sight glass on RH side of the tank. The glass tube can be removed and cleaned if it too clouded up to see the oil in it.
I didn't see a sight tube when I pulled the cover off and I can see where the stick broke off on the underside of the cap.. As far as E or B model I'm not sure The OP's paper work said 1977 680 CK. I will do some more searching for specifics on it, I did find that Case no longer has that in their parts inventory yesterday, seems I might have to measure the tank and do some math to find where nine gallon mark should be from the bottom and make a new stick..............
There is a tube that goes crossways in the tank. It contains A long pin that the loader arms pivot on. If your hydraulic tank is full that tube will be slightly covered with oil. Does your tractor have a 4 cylinder engine or a 6 cylinder ?
Does your tank look like this?
That is a long way from being a 1977 model, Coy. But, it is the only 680 that had dipstick in the tank.
That is the tank I have, and if not a 77 model which one is it ?? I do have the operator's manual as well as the shop manual for it. Operator's man. says 680 Ck 9106000 to 9111008, please forgive my ignorance as this is my first Case tractor. I have gotten to know my 8n ford pretty well and this one is another learn as I go project. That is why I joined this forum so I can ask experienced people for guidance, and I do truly appreciate any info I can get............
Well, I have doing some more reading in the operator's manual and have just found some notes hand written in it, loader model 680 Ck 916630, backhoe model 36 bh 1032139, engine 1243898 pe54a85c420ls2263, and I believe this one is for the power shuttle, 400874144...... Guess I should have done more in depth reading any ways I still am not sure on the year model though there is 1971 hand written over a pic in the general section. Is there a reference chart for the years available according to the serial numbers ?? Or is there a wise one here who might know off the top ?? Gotta go finish the tater harvest and the last of the corn as well as winterizing the irrigation pumps as we have a freeze and snow coming on Saturday Thank you all............Cliff
It is most likely a 680B. The hydraulic tank is different on a 680C. Could be a 1971. That is the same year the 680C's were introduced. I thought 1970 was the last production year for the 680B's. Good luck on your harvest !
Thanks Tinkerer, it's been a good year in the garden, made enough to buy a greenhouse for next year and seed also, not to mention equipment costs. not gittin rich but we're eatin good ...............
Yeah I just looked up 680CK B series and that what came up as the hyd. tank.
I do not know the year but it is a 680 with a dipstick.
I am told C's do not have hydraulic brakes? Dipstick is 7 1/4 inches long from the gasket seat. Now if someone can tell me the correct hydraulic filter number I will appreciate that.
Thanks ten wheeler; Mine has what is called by the OM Hydrovac brakes, it has the twin master cyls. like that and the power shuttle dipstick below and between as well as two big vacuum cans in front of the rear diff. I'm lookiin for the filter no. too............
Mine does not have the correct filter. The dealers always send something totally wrong. What is the number on yours?
The 680C and all models after it have air brakes. Here is the 680B Filter number and strainer number. Take notice of the one in the bottom of the tank.
Thanks! Someone tossed the old filter before the new one was put in and we have never found the correct one, just a well fit. Well have to check the lower one. Do not thank it is even there. Is it possible this is an early model C or someone has made a hybrid machine years ago? The serial number tag is on a plate to the left side of the brake pedals. Is that normal. The later model 680 here has that info on the right frame rail in the flywheel housing area. That would explain difficulties finding some other parts.
No 680C's ever had hydraulic brakes. Yes, the serial number on the B series is on the left side of the frame above the brake pedals. Tenwheeler ; Are you sure that is the tractor serial number on the frame rail ? It has to begin with 910 and have seven digits. I am guessing the filter in the bottom of the B series tank is metal screen that may be screwed in place. I am posting a photo of a 680B serial number of a tractor I found a few weeks ago in the middle of a good sized town about 20miles from where I live. View attachment 202448 View attachment 202448
The one I sent pictures of has the C on the loader decal and the tag close to the hydraulic brake pedal. It looks like the one in your picture but has a Sims cab, no glass. After more looking it is different. The hoe controls on your picture are attached to the hoe. Mine a stationary behind the seat. I will get you some more pictures later. The one with the numbers on the right hand frame rail is a different machine. I am thanking they are stamped in the rail, not an actual tag. No problem getting parts for that one by those numbers.
I was wrong when I said the 680c's never had hydraulic brakes. They were made in 1968. tenwheeler ; Your serial number indicates that you you do indeed have a 680C tractor it is most likely a 1968 or 1969. If Clifford posts his serial number I can probably figure out when his tractor was made and the specific model of it.
Thank you for taking the time to look that up. It has become very discouraging getting parts any more. FWD? Auto? long or short bed? V6, V8, diesel? I just need some wiper blades. Then what ever the part it is often still incorrect. This machine has always been a challenge getting correct parts.
Tenwheeler; I did a little research for your filters and came up with what I believe is what you have. Disregard that first image of the tank and part numbers. Based on your serial number here is what I found. Amazon has the L51619 filter. Link ---> https://www.amazon.com/L51619-CASE-Direct-Replacement-Cartridge/dp/B07DS31QJQ Here is a link to the Case parts book so you verify that I have the correct Tractor. ---> https://partstore.casece.com/us/par...ff87a41&sl=EN¤cy=#epc::mr57864ag4305280 The strainer in the bottom of the tank is really expensive and I found it only at Messick's for $239.37.
Tinkerer ; I will try to get the ser. no. posted, it's been crazy busy here this last couple days .....