Lost all HYD
Need a little info. What were you doing when you lost hydraulics. Or had It been sitting ?
It was digging a hole just stopped no noise no nothing just stopped. It s my nephews machine he was operating it when it happened. He had a couple of guys look at it they put a new main pump on changed two filters. They had it running still HYD pressure no loader no backhoe no forward or reverse the guys told hi it had to be split? That's when I got involved .We couldn't do any thing with it because of where it was now I moved it where I could check a few things. What I did notice was a hose was off going to the cooling radiator next to the engines radiator I think it's the low pressure line from the transmission pump?If the engine is running if the transmission pump is working should oil be coming out of tHat hose? It has been sitting for some time
Check the transmission oil level. If that hose was off or busted you lost all your trans oil. At least that's the way the 310E is
1977 John Deere 310B Does anyone know how long I have to cut angle irons for the two lift cylinders on on the front loader of a JD.1977 310B. I looked in the manual could not find any measurement
Are you referring to safety props to hold the loader up while working under it ?
Yes for safety
If no one with a 310B will give you the dimensions here is what I did for my loader props. Raise the boom as high as it will go and measure from the end of the hoist cylinder to the end of the extended cylinder rod. Allow 1/4 inch clearance to be able to insert the prop. I made my props out of 1/4 inch wall, square tubing. I cut one side out to create a U shaped channel. I then welded a i/2 inch piece of flat stock on the top of it for added strength. I used the U channel instead of angle iron because I can lay it on the extended rod and it will stay there while I put a small amount of the hoist weight on it. I am attaching a couple of photos of them.
Thanks much very helpful. Hopefully I won't have to do that when I clean the micro screen if it works?.. Thanks again
You are welcome. Micro screens ?? I am curious as to what they are and have to do with safety props.
He has 2 different threads going with the same title but different questions. Maybe a mod can help out and refine the thread titles? Jerry, I will add a comment about your screen in the lost hydraulic thread.
OP quote from another thread.... Don't get your hopes up about the screen making a difference. The hydraulics quit abruptly so that doesn't fit a clogged screen. Also, I had a leak that required a bit of work under my 410 and I pulled the screen to clean it. It was so clogged that no oil could have possibly been flowing through it. I was very excited thinking that the hydraulic speed would increase with a clean screen but it made no difference at all in the speed. This leads me to believe there is a bypass around the screen if it gets clogged.
I think a good test to see if the engine is still driving the transmission is to listen for gear grinding noise or feeling for teeth bumps on the shifters. Mine will always do this when first started even when the reverser is in neutral because the cold churning hydraulic fluid creates some drive. If the shifters on your machine feel like they don't want to go into every gear (gears not turning), or is silent going into high range 4th gear (worst case for grinding), there is a good chance that you have lost drive to the transmission which most likely means a problem with the dry clutch or a broken input shaft.
The screen nothing but if the screen is not gummed up wich I hope it is I think that means the tractor has to be split that's where the safety supports come in
Where do I find the lost hyd thread
Go to the tractor/loader/backhoes sub-forum and your other thread is 2 down from this thread at the moment. It has the same title as this thread. Another way to find your threads is to left click on your name and then "view forum posts". At the top of your threads there is a button called "Thread Tools". If you wish, you can also subscribe to your threads and receive an e-mail when someone posts in the threads.
OK - this might be a little confusing up thread but I merged the two threads together to keep it all in one place. Thanks Old and Worn. That thread is part of this one now. Best of luck Jerry!