Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1977 michigan 75b loader

Mark1964 ยท 2014-12-14 10:32

I have a 1977 Michigan 75b loader s/n 443a317fsc, someone put a v555 engine in it and kept the v504c flywheel which they had to oplong a mounting hole to make fit. The loader has a very bad vibration and is shaking the machine a part. I do not think you can use this flywheel with this engine. does any one have a solution do I need to find another 504 engine? could I repower it with a 5.9 cummins and if I do can I use the same flywheel and bell housing. Thank you for your help

Replies2
  1. #1northeasternmic2014-12-30 20:01

    i have a 1980 75b which we put a 555 cummins into years ago we still have and runs great . ours is turbocharged and 245 hp. we had to get something milled to get out our vibration , will check and get back to you

  2. #2northeasternmic2015-01-02 18:45

    had to check and see what we had done to ours. you can use the 504 flywheel after you have the center milled down enough to take the vibration out, if you dont you will end up destroying the fiber gear that goes to the transmission.