Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1978 case W14

vogelman ยท 2018-04-01 15:21

I have a Case W14 that ran fine but after I saw the volt meter drop down I backed it up and turned it off. Now it wont turn over I've pulled injectors and still seems locked up. has anybody had a problem like this after a loader seemed to run fine. We always discourage the posting of the same or quite similar questions in multiple forums, as it can cause confusion. This topic is a case in point. If the sequence of replies seem a bit disjointed, it's because I've merged the two threads into this one, and moved it to the appropriate forum. ~Digger242j

Replies13
  1. #1Theweldor2018-04-01 18:29

    Sounds like an electrical issue. Have you checked for power in the starting circuit?

  2. #2vogelman2018-04-01 19:14

    Haven't checked it but tried manually turning the engine over.

  3. #3Theweldor2018-04-01 19:21

    If there were no strange noises and the engine wasn't laboring when you shut it off that is puzzleing. How are you trying to turn it over?

  4. #4td25c2018-04-01 21:52

    Sounds like an electrical problem to me as well . Check batteries & all connections to the starter . Probably something simple ?

  5. #5homanfab2018-04-02 14:43

    Did the alternator/generator seize up? Try removing the accessory belt?

  6. #6vogelman2018-04-07 18:49

    Have a W14 wheel loader that ran fine until I shut off. Is it possible for it to just lock up without any warnings. I've tried pulling injectors and turning it over manually and with starter without any luck. Any help would be good thanks.

  7. #7Tinkerer2018-04-07 20:18

    I edited this reply because you have the same question in the General Industry section. Did you do anything that was suggested to try in that other thread you have going. You have not replied to anyone that offered help.

  8. #8thepumpguysc2018-04-08 05:14

    Its rare that an engine will lock up if YOU shut it off.. I take it from your brief description, that it wont turn over?? Is it in gear?? if so, you wont be able to turn it over by hand weather the inj. are in there or not..

  9. #9vogelman2018-04-08 14:56

    It's not in gear because managed to push it that's why I'm confused. I think I'll have to drop the oil pan and check the bearings from everything I understand. Hope to figure it out and after I do I will let you all no what i find out. thanks.....

  10. #10vogelman2018-04-08 14:59

    Checked everything that might have been electrical and all checks out good. Going to have to pull oil pan and will check the bearings and let everyone know what I find out after I get it done. Thanks for the input.

  11. #11Tinkerer2018-04-08 16:01

    I see you responded to both of your threads. I was going to suggest yesterday that it could be a seized hydraulic pump. You would need to separate the coupler on the front of the engine to disconnect it. If the motor is still locked remove the sheet metal cover on the front of the convertor housing and look for a damaged ring gear and starting motor parts in the bottom. Then rod and main bearing inspection is next.

  12. #12Coy Lancaster2018-04-13 16:09

    Pull starter off and try turning the engine over with a pry bar. It's not likely but not impossible that the engine locked up.

  13. #13Coy Lancaster2018-04-26 10:20

    Hey man did you find problem with engine yet?