I had some problems today with the high/low range shift. It doesn't want to stay engaged at times in either range. If I held it in place until I was moving it would stay, but a couple times it jumped out while grading, and would jump out when I upshifted to 2nd or 3rd when I came to a paved area and raised the blade. (The road is a mix of gravel and chip seal) This acts like a linkage adjustment issue, but I couldn't find any info in the service manual, but I did find mention of detent springs and balls. Any advice? Thank you. John
How is the cable ? Stiff ? Pivot on side of trans ? Sounds like it may not be shifting fully to engage the detents
Thanks for the reply. I don't know how long this unit sat before we bought it this spring so there could be a need for some lube on the linkage. I've put about 40 hrs on it and I keep finding places that aren't in the book that a shot of oil or grease won't hurt. This is the first grader I've run, but with the help of this forum and internet resources, so far I haven't made too big a mess! John
Those cables are problematic. I’ve tried all kinds of lube but found replacement is usually the best solution. I would remove the pin from the clevis and shift the mechanism manually. Have someone move the lever in the cab and see if it’s making enough travel to fully shift the plunger. Make certain however the brake is set or use chocks or the blade to prevent the machine moving.