Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

198? GMG Brigadier(?) Cab Mounts

Bruce F · 2024-11-23 18:18

I'm not 100% sure on the year of this old girl. The VIN tag reads, as far as I can tell, 4G 1 M9C1W0JV701748. The underlined "1" isn't real clear on the VIN tag. I need to replace the front cab rubber insulators/mounts. There's possibly (definitely) some welding going to be involved too. If I can find the mounts AND if I choose to take the job. Does anyone have a part number for all the cab mounts (front and rear), or a somewhat suitable replacement idea. Thanks in advance, Bruce

Replies9
  1. #1Coaldust2024-11-23 20:15

    That sounds like a cool project. I don’t think you will find them anywhere. I would quote the job with the intention that you will need to adapt similar mounts from a current product. Maybe not such a big deal since you mentioned welding and fab work, anyways.

  2. #2petepilot2024-11-23 20:47

    Only one source of info on gmc that age that I know of is Jim price Chevrolet in Charlottesville va.

  3. #3_Weldman_2024-11-24 11:33

    Hockey pucks drilled out and put into place.

  4. #4Bruce F2024-11-24 11:41

    I do have two of those here.

  5. #5_Weldman_2024-11-24 12:35

    Those are the training ones almost twice the weight, but they would work.

  6. #6DDoug2024-11-24 12:53

    How about some pix ?

  7. #7Bruce F2024-11-24 13:07

    Truck isn’t by me, I only took a couple pics. Passenger side (not terrible) Driver side, bad angle but rubber shot Driver floor is rough, but not complete toast (well, maybe) .

  8. #8Bruce F2024-11-24 13:08

    Looks like some repairs were done in the last 40 years.

  9. #9_Weldman_2024-11-24 13:56

    Perfect, comes with AC for the summer time. Toss a blanket down for the winter time