Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1980 951-C lost fuel pressure

Papa Smurf ยท 2022-05-01 21:18

Hello all knowledgable Cat mechanics. I'm looking for some info on my 1980 951-C track loader. I have a 3304 non-turbo engine. I was using it the other day and noticed the fuel pressure dropping into the red and the engine losing power. I parked it that day. I cranked it back up a day later and the pressure was good in the green. after about 5-10 minutes the pressure dropped back into the red and the machine lost power and quit running. Would'nt restart. Do I have a filter problem? Some troubleshooting advice would be appreciated, Thanks, Papa Smurf.

Replies2
  1. #1Nige2022-05-02 00:09

    I would suggest to follow the procedures in your O&M manual to: - 1. Drain water & sediment from the fuel tank. 2. Service the breather element in the fuel tank cap. 3. Remove & wash the primary fuel screen. Refit using a new O-Ring. 4. Replace the secondary fuel filter.

  2. #2Papa Smurf2022-05-02 20:27

    Thanks a bunch for the reply. I'll do as you suggest and go to the trusty manual.