Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1980 Case 580c Brakes stuck

Sharky ยท 2015-07-06 00:21

The right brake is stuck on and pedals are hard to push and barely move. Left pedal works like it supposed to and left brake appears ok. I bought this machine from a guy who said Construction Machinery Inc did the brakes on it 2 years ago for $3500 and he had not used it since. Anyhow, where should I be looking, the master cylinder for the right side or in the brake mechanism itself? I have never had one apart before and have a shop manual, but it is vague on troubleshooting. I backed off the double lock nuts on top of the brake itself but that didn't seem to do much. Any sound advice would be great. Thanks in advance

Replies1
  1. #1fishfighter2015-07-06 17:38

    If you have full oil in the master cyl, pull the floor plate and check the brake cyl and try to bleed it down. Still hanging up after that, you might have to go into the brakes themselves.