Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1980 Internation 100e track loader just purchased had a few questions.

loader53 ยท 2015-06-03 08:59

After purchasing 21 acres and needed a piece of equipment to move dirt old fallen tree, and deb re removed from a several year old beaver pond which I rented an excavator to drain and pull the trees, stumps an all out of what was left. Still a nice size pond left due to an old caved in mine but had a lot of trash and old trees lying around once waters resided. I was looking for something I can use when i want with out having to rent all the time. I recently just purchased a 1980 International 100e track loader with 4in1 bucket relatively cheap and feel it should do most of what i need it too when its required. Machine runs steers and operates great. All of the hydraulic cylinders have been repacked and under carriage has some life left. I have a few little issues I am going to work through while i have it at my buddies shop. I have not been able able to get my hands on a service manual for it yet so if any one has any they are getting rid of or a pdf it would be greatly appreciated. I wanted to change all the fluids, filters and thermostat while its there and am having a few hydro hoses made as well. Wasnt sure if thermostat and temp sensor could be gotten from auto parts store and happened to be the same as a vehicle on the road or if it all had to be purchased from kamatsu. Also any other worthy things to look into replacing while i have it at the shop before it goes to the land. trans cooler and radiator look good and are not leaking not sure if there is an oil cooler on this model or that was only the turbo 125 mode which could potentially have issues or not in the future. Injector pump does have a small leak which appears to be coming from behind the warning plate /tag on the side of the injector pump seeing as its dry on the under side. I can see it drip right at the bottom of the tag. Doesn't appear to be an easy model to find diagrams of parts or microfiche on. Any pointers, advice or things to note would be greatly appreciated.

Replies1
  1. #1squidboy 19512015-06-03 17:50

    I saw several service/operator manuals for the IH 100E track loader on eBay this morning. They are from several different suppliers and have different prices. I recently purchased a 125G model track loader and got a manual from eBay, it answered all of my questions about which oils to use in the transmission, final drives, hydraulic system, rollers and engine. I found all of the filters at O'Reilly auto Parts (Wix brand), transmission oil from Napa Auto Parts (meets TO-4 test specs) hydraulic fluid and final drive oil from Tractor Supply Company and the engine oil from Walmart (meets Cummins specification). So far I have not needed any parts other than a few grade 8 bolts, 7018 welding rod to add some patches to my 4 in 1 bucket and some square tubing to fabricate some limb risers. Good luck with your new to you machine.