First time posting, I have found this forum helpful. Fairbanks AK. is home. I bought the Case 580D or super D I should say, this summer, it has a bit over 3000 hours and most things seem to work good. I have been cleaning and servicing before I start using it on a house building project. I have found two leaks at the power shuttle, one appears to be the seal on the output shaft, it looks like I just need to remove the output shaft, yoke and install a new seal. The other leak is on the solenoid cutout side, the solenoid appears to be tight and it looks as if the leak is behind the shift plate. The book shows a seal (D 77581) on the solenoid end of the plunger, can this be changed by just removing the solenoid? Or am I barking up the wrong tree? It looks minor in the picture because I had just finished cleaning it and ran it for a 15 minutes. Thanks, John
U might wanna ask if there’s a pre-load on that yoke..?? Or if it’s “impact” tight..?? Sorry Im no help, just trying to keep u outta trouble..
That was gonna be my next question. Lol. I assume it would rattle off... I did not look up the torque spec.
Welcome to HEF @JohninAK FYI - yes, the yoke is impact tight. To address the leak behind the cut-out solonoid - the control valve must be removed from the housing from the other side of the shuttle, by first removing the solonoid & then the small triangular plate. (& the filler pipe & fitting)
Thanks, can that be removed w/o removing tranny? It looks doable. but not fun. Once removed, besides the seal there is at least one O-ring and some springs that I should plan to replace?
You’ll need to watch the detent spring and ball behind the triangular plate.
Thanks, I have looked at the book and several videos and have dually noted the small parts...! With that said, everything I have looked at so far shows the control valve being removed on the "bench". I really dont want to pull the complete power shuttle out of the machine if I dont have, it doesn't look like all that bad of a job, however then the question would be, how far do I go? I haven't pulled the pan yet and inspected and cleaned the screen, which I intend to do. If it has to come out, so be it. I dont have much time on this machine yet, it seems like it is Ok, so would rather not remove it if I dont have to..
I was in the Case dealer today picking up the output seal and asked about removing the control valve while "in vehicle", the mechanic, who hasn't worked on one of this in a awhile was not very optimistic about removing it w/o removing the entire unit. He seemed to think it was too long and would hit the frame rail... Seeing the limited response here I am thinking this is a no go and will have to let it leak until I have to pull the whole unit, I hate leaks....
The spool will definitely come out with the shuttle still fitted to the machine - done them many times, just not recently. ...... getting old....