Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1984 John Deere 310B Tachometer replacement

Jay Grogan ยท 2023-01-22 16:27

Looking to replace the Tachometer in my 84 Model 310B John Deere Backhoe. The current one just spins in a circle while the engine is one. Not allot out there I can find based on the part number on the John Deere site (AT32916 AND AL24528).Does anyone know if there a off the shelf non OEM tach I can replace this with by chance?

Replies7
  1. #1Tyler d4c2023-01-22 18:08

    One out of say a 2020 farm tractor would work but your probably going to want to stick to a oem one the aftermarket tachs are junk. Even the oem deere tachs arnt too good. The farm tractor ones will have a hour meter and ground speed readings on them tho.

  2. #2Delmer2023-01-22 18:35

    I'd look into sending it out to get fixed, or a youtube video on fixing it yourself. If it's spinning, you know it's mostly working.

  3. #3Tinkerer2023-01-23 08:11

    Welcome to HEF, Jay !

  4. #4mekanik2023-01-23 09:50

    There are a number of alternator driven tachometers available om Amazon. They also are common in marine applications.

  5. #5Jay Grogan2023-01-23 20:33

    Thanks all, sorry in advance for all the questions that may be coming, this is more of a project so again thanks for the input. Will pull it out and see what I can do with it myself by tearing it apart. Plan B will be to see if may this one will replace it. https://www.reliableaftermarketpart...QRbTtFpB69kQUKNxtxzI6N-VwAthVmlqEdFmD3G9Bvz-I

  6. #6Tyler d4c2023-01-23 20:38

    Good luck on the repair well be here if you got any more problems to work though.

  7. #7Jay Grogan2023-02-21 19:58

    Standard John Deere Tractor Tach off EBAY worked perfectly, just had to make sure of the hole size. Thanks for the input