I have a 1985 case 1835b 188 diesel skid loader we just bought havent even been able to run it a full hour and started having issues the primary issue being the fuel pump... Motor was real labored even when put to full throttle and trying to do anything other than just move... Ran low on fuel picked up sediment out of the tank and clogged filters... Replaced filters but now can get it to prime past the inlet for the pump... Used the primer knob and either but nothing coming out of the pump and headed to the injectors need advice...
Check the inlet to the pump it may have a screen in it
Spoke with a buddy who was a diesel mechanic and he said to try and bypass the wiring and wire directly from the battery to the fuel solenoid and see if the solenoid is bad or if the wiring went bad... When I was turning the key on heard no noise from engine bay with jump wire I can hear a click as soon as I touch it to the battery... Charging battery a bit to try turning it over with jump wire on solenoid and see if fuel comes out of pump... Will update once I try it....
I always have a fuel priming bulb for marine use, hanging around. I will temp plumb one in, if i get trouble. I usually blow back to tank, when I put it in and that usually get me running, if I ran a diesel low on fuel. That usually indicates a full cleaning is needed.
She is up and running!!!! Installed jump wire with kill switch to fuel solenoid...
Also had to clean out the check valve under the on the top of the pump for the return line it was super clogged and wasn't allow the motor to go to higher rpms...
If the check valve on the top cover was really clogged, expect it to happen again.. It’s possible that the “flex ring” has broken up and the broken bits are what’s clogging the connector.?? If ur unfamiliar with it, google, “Broken flex ring”.. Good luck