Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1986 Case W20C wheel Loader

grizzly gold ยท 2014-07-21 14:38

I changed thhe left brake air valve now loader will not move anybody have any ideas? thanks brian

Replies11
  1. #1sheepfoot2014-07-21 21:44

    On the rt hand side of the trans control valve is a air cut out cylinder, it has a air line that runs to it, that works when you press on the brake to dump press and kick the trans in neutral. The pedal has to return and be fully released on the floor, rocks, dirt, floor matts can cause the treadle pedal to keep light pressure and cause air pressure to move that clutch cut out just enough to not allow the trans to build pressure. Recheck your hook up of hoses and lines, use the on line parts pages if needed, unhook the air line at the trans control valve cutout and check for air pressure coming out of the line with the wheels blocked and parking brake released. If no air coming out the line you will need to unscrew the cut out valve and clean then reinstall and check for movement. The pedal on the floor has to be free. I would think if you did not have a issue before it may be a install issue, oil and water in that air line to the cut out valve. I will rethink this out also but this is my first guess. You did release the parking brake valve?.

  2. #2grizzly gold2014-07-21 21:52

    Thanks i will check the airline to the tranny in am and let you know . thank you very much sheepfoot brian

  3. #3grizzly gold2014-07-22 04:56

    i took the line off it had plenty of air,took off the tran control vavle cleaned it and reinstalled, loader still wont engage transmition, any other ideas would be most welcome thanks

  4. #4lantraxco2014-07-22 14:21

    It's not supposed to have any air when the pedal is up. If you have air pressure to the trans control valve it declutches the tranny, the intent is you put your foot on the left brake pedal and you can rev the engine to give the loader hoist more speed. The right pedal applies brakes with no effect on the trans, it stays in gear. If you have air pressure to the trans with the pedal all the way up, then you either have a defective treadle valve or you made a mistake reconnecting the air lines, I have to say I've done that before on CAT loaders.

  5. #5grizzly gold2014-07-22 17:27

    Thank you so much lantraxco, you were right i had two lines crossed, as soon as i changed them the tranny worked. If you ever make it up to alberta , i will buy the drinks. brian

  6. #6sheepfoot2014-07-22 20:31

    Glad to hear your fixed !.

  7. #7grizzly gold2014-07-22 20:42

    thankssheep foot the tranny valve needed to be cleaned so it all worked out well thanks again brian

  8. #8lantraxco2014-07-22 20:44

    Well done! I was just saying what Sheepfoot had said before in different words... sometimes we need to hear things a couple different ways before we see the light, yeah? :beerchug Oregon, North Kawlina, and Alberta, that's a fair piece for beers but I'm willing, LOL.

  9. #9grizzly gold2014-07-22 21:48

    IF this showes up 3 times need to go to a computer help school. Sheepfoot I guess i should have read your post a few times, I can run a Company, but i aint a mechanic lol thanks guys if and when...........the beers areon me brian

  10. #10lantraxco2014-07-22 22:25

    Grizzly, Well, I can fix things (sometimes) and I can build things (that often work) but I can't make money fixing or building things... Is there a forum for running a company? :Banghead LOL

  11. #11grizzly gold2014-07-22 22:56

    I do not know, but you should check out comming to Alberta there is a shortage of tradesmen here and they make magga bucks,but the cost of living here is high. I can answer some questions if you want my co email is [email protected] and please just call me griz