Hello, I have a 1986 cat 416 backhoe, when I purchased it was hard starting. then It would run fine for a week or two then it wouldn't start one day then a couple days later it would start. I cleaned up the Fuel Stop solenoid contacts and the solenoid and it would start every time this last week. I put in new water fuel seperator filter and cleaned the other filter. I installed a new fuel lift pump and it started right up and ran perfect, ran it for 1 minute and had a new Fuel stop solenoid to install so I installed the new fuel pump solenoid and now it will not start. I took the fuel pump solenoid out and pump the primer on the lift pump and fuel starts to pour out. I removed the pin in the fuel pump solenoid and reinstalled it and loosened out the bottom bleed screw from the injection pump and pumped the lift pump and fuel pours out of the bleed screw. I loosened out the top bleed screw and pumped the lift pump and fuel pours out. I tightened the bleed screws left the pin out of the stop solenoid to let the fuel flow cracked the line at the injectors but barely any fuel come out at the injectors? not sure how to proceed now? Thanks, Tom
Don't forget about the fuel return line. My 426 one was clogged when I bought it. The seller had no clue so I saved some money because of that. A little compressed air to blow it out.
Ok I will try that Next. Thank You
Hello, Well finally got back into the shop. Turned ignition key to on position for fuel stop solenoid pin to insert. removed the fuel return line and blew compressed air through the line. I rebled all the fuel lines and made sure fuel was exiting the bleeder screws. remove the bolt on the injection pump for #3 injector and primed the line until the fuel was present. tightended and boom she started right up. checked this morning and fired right up. Thanks for the help. Tom