Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1986 Champion 710A

710A Champion ยท 2024-07-13 20:24

Need Hydraulic Pump Please help

Replies1
  1. #1Welder Dave2024-07-16 23:26

    Several came up when I googled 710A hydraulic pump. If you can't find one for your serial number try Jade Equipment in Edmonton or they have a location in Ontario. You could try a Volvo dealer but the price would probably be astronomic if they had one. A new slave cylinder for the clutch on my 86 730A was $1800 from Volvo!!! They even suggested Jade. Jade was just under $900 for a rebuilt but they only 2 left. I found an aftermarket for $695 but it had the wrong port threads. I had a Tig welder friend weld the correct port size fittings on. The supplier discounted $80 off the price which I was happy with. I thought $900 was still too high for a non new cylinder. The main seal is only a couple bucks so I'm thinking of honing and rebuilding the original myself. I think the spring and steel plunger would be OK to reuse. If I would have known how simple it was and I could get the seal from NAPA I would have tried rebuilding it. Parts aren't available through Volvo anymore. Jade used to give a credit for a core but it wasn't very much.