Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1986 JCB 1400B specs…

puma1973 ยท 2014-05-01 19:05

Until I get my hands on a manual, does anyone know of any sites or any way of getting info like, recommended fluids and capacities, etc..? I just picked up a 1986 JCB 1400B, M/C 323671. My searching has been without any good results. Thanks,

Replies7
  1. #194cummins12v2015-03-31 11:03

    Hey I'm looking at the same backhoe you have do you have any information on it, what are your thoughts on the backhoe so far

  2. #2hookedondiesel2015-04-01 07:34

    Check out this link... http://catexcavatorservicerepairman...khoe-loader-excavator-workshop-repair-manual/

  3. #394cummins12v2015-04-01 08:40

    Thanks I actually found an 89 jcb 1550b extenda hoe with cab 2wd local with rebuilt engine and hydraulics for 11,000 that I'm gunna take a look at tonight before I drive to Seattle tomarrow

  4. #494cummins12v2015-04-01 09:21

    Thanks I actually found an 89 jcb 1550b extenda hoe with cab 2wd local with rebuilt engine and hydraulics for 11,000 that I'm gunna take a look at tonight before I drive to Seattle tomarrow

  5. #5puma19732015-04-01 12:31

    I really can't help you out. I bought this for use around the house (mainly for an addition and septic), things did not go as planned last year so my project is getting ready to start in a month or so. I have had little time in the 1400, just played around and practiced a little. The whole backhoe thing is new to me so I have nothing to compare to. The only thing I can say for sure is that parts are a little tough to come by and are not cheap.

  6. #694cummins12v2015-04-01 13:25

    If you had a choice between The jcb and a case of the same price what would you wish you had now

  7. #7puma19732015-04-01 14:47

    Can't really say. I know very little about backhoes. I guess I would check around your area for dealers to get parts for both from, and maybe also see who repairs them nearby and maybe get their opinions. Before I bought mine, the opinions and research seemed to lead me to believe the JCB's are good machines. It's price, condition and features are what ultimately led me to pull the trigger. also, whenever I am running it, I try to be as careful and gentle as I can. For me, it is all kind of like gambling, if I can use it to get all my projects done without any major expenses I can sell it and hopefully only have minor cost into what I used it for as opposed to hiring all the work done. Being it is not how I make my living, if I have to wait sometimes for parts, I will not starve. Being a novice myself, I would highly recommend an operators manual and parts book at least, and maybe the repair manual if you can find at a reasonable cost, no matter what you end up with.