Hi all, I recently purchased a 1986 JCB 1550B 4x4, serial number 31764649. I have to say... just an awesome piece of equipment! Does anyone have the correct parts catalog? The one I downloaded from JCB is the wrong version. I have a couple of leaks and a bad case of not wanting to go forward at the moment. Reverse is snappy and I feel like it could move a house. But forward... only nudges forward 3 or 4 inches and stops. I've changed the reverse fluid and used the recommended JCB oil. The old oil looked good just a little sludge in the bottom of the pan. The pickup screen was... sucked in? Not sure how to explain it other than it looked like it was sucked up towards the pickup tube. I'm guessing the sludge on the bottom was clogging it up. That's been cleaned up and reformed back to the original position. This vintage does not have a solenoid, it's the older version with a manual forward and reverse valve and calls for 2.9 gal of fluid. But I was only able to get 1.5 gallons back in that said... only about 1.5 gallons came out. After filling it seemed to be at the correct level 15sec after shut down. Is there a special process to refill the reverser? This is a great forum! Thanks for your help! -FMarshall
No replies yet.