Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1987 690D LC serial 515644 Propel motor leaking into planetary

Turkey Hill Farm ยท 2025-12-23 23:58

So...Just bought this ole girl and going through it as far as servicing left side final was black and gearoil but right side is running Hyd oil. The Hyd oil in machine is junk so starting with clean oil and just wondering what seals or o-rings are wasted? I have the tech book so gonna dive in soon. Been in the industry 40 yrs but just would like some input. TIA Ted

Replies3
  1. #1fengluntim2025-12-24 02:12

    All O-rings and lip seals in final drive and hydraulic motor interface

  2. #2Diesel Dave2025-12-24 23:50

    Remove and inspect the propel motor. As long as the internal parts are in good condition ,reseal it. Link below to the Deere 690D parts page. https://partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc/sidebyside/equipment/18822/referrer/navigation/pgId/2195926 . .

  3. #3Turkey Hill Farm2025-12-25 19:26

    Thanks Dave! Thats my plan, I have looked at those diagrams a hundred times. working on evacuating all hyd oil from machine and then I will take apart. It seemed quiet when putting inside the shop so just planning on seals and o-rings and new gasket on Hyd Tank. I believe that is where this all started since machine has never been inside. Merry Christmas. Ted