Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1987 IH 2375 won’t move

mitch504 ยท 2020-11-26 20:37

My IH 2375 suddenly quit moving. There is a loose pipe under it. Should I change the turbo, that's what most people around here try first?

Replies6
  1. #1DB22020-11-26 21:36

    At first I thought it was a snake. Try disconnecting the battery for 10 minutes to reset the systems.

  2. #2crane operator2020-11-27 00:39

    Safety first. Do you have your proper PPE on? Have you properly filled out your JSA identifying all possible hazards and their mitigation procedures? If you have correctly identified all possible hazards, and are confident the job can be completed safely, you are allowed to enter the work area. I'd be on my way, but they're checking Id's at the border checkpoints now. Are you a necessary business? Can you stay socially distanced while we stare and swear at it? And if all else fails: If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire... the A-Team ."

  3. #3petepilot2020-11-27 02:09

    an hta763.590xq dual vane turbo carefully installed and properly tuned will cure that problem almost instantly. I said almost

  4. #4Truck Shop2020-11-27 07:37

    nice.

  5. #5CM19952020-11-27 10:12

    Mitch you need to keep a closer look on muffler bearing wear in the future. All this could've been prevented with some common maintenance. BTW - Those tires are out of spec for an IH 2375 single axle.

  6. #6_Weldman_2020-11-27 19:24

    Maybe the spark plugs are fouled up